Lead Software Engineer
SketchDeck is growing fast and we have even bigger goals for the future. Our software platform plays a central role in this. We have an exciting set of product & engineering challenges to solve and a growing team to help solve them. We're looking for a smart, enthusiastic and experienced CTO to lead our product and engineering effort and help build the future of design.
We're a design agency-meets-tech startup. Every day we create hundreds of designs for companies you know and love. At the heart of what we do is a tech platform that brings together designers, project managers and clients into a big creative dance - this platform is what helps us grow quickly, and what we need your help to grow.
We're looking for a CTO to own product and lead our engineering team. This is a unique opportunity to have a real impact on a growing technology startup.
- Ensure the overall success of Technology and Product development in SketchDeck
- Work with CEO on product vision and roadmap, ensuring product goals are met
- Manage, coach and grow the engineering team
- Talk to users and ensure they have a delightful experience
- Own and maintain product architecture
- Work the full stack: release, improve and maintain our platform and infrastructure
- Create an intuitive, engaging asset manager to showcase the design we create
- Improve the efficiency and speed of project delivery
- Create a SketchDeck mobile experience
- Create valuable integrations with Slack, Dropbox, Salesforce, etc
Here is our tech stack today:
- AWS, including:
- Elastic beanstalks running Docker images
- Simple Queue System
- RDS (MySQL)
- Coffeescript running on Client and NodeJS
- Jade, Less
- We have a range of different servers:
- Webservers running RPC and serving a single page web app
- Kafka workers moving data to secondary stores and running micro-services
- API servers
- SQS workers running small jobs
You can read more about what our engineering team are up to on our blog.
- Have at least eight years experience in software development
- Have strong leadership skills including vision-setting, goal-setting, coaching, team building, empowerment, and cross-functional communication
- Know how to deliver software quickly in a startup environment
- Have a three years experience managing other people.
- Communicate well and be happy talking to users
We are a growing, global team working to improve design. Our goal is ambitious. Our values guide how we should be, so we we can achieve our mission whilst building an enduring and welcoming culture. At SketchDeck, each of us:
- Help each other succeed & grow.
- Achieve ambitious outcomes.
- Take responsibility.
- Share progress honestly.
- Are humble, approachable & friendly.
Some reasons to work at SketchDeck:
- We design beautiful things all day long, and get excited about design - it's a fun thing to make happen via a tech platform
- Graphic designers are the nicest funnest people to work with
- Everyone here is really good at what they do and great to work with. No ego, no awkwardness, just a ton of team love
- We have a cute office dog
- Delivering great creative design at mass scale is a hard and fun problem to solve
- We're growing fast
Our team out for dinner in Sunnyvale
More concretely, we offer lots of great stuff:
- Annual company retreat to somewhere fun
- Delicious lunch
- Lots of coffee, tea, snacks and Soylent
- Competitive stock options
- The team has a wealth of experience you can learn from
- Generous holiday policy
- Tech-team outings
- Free SketchDeck design projects for your important events
- Beautiful SketchDeck designed swag (designer t-shirts, moleskins and more)
- Shiny hardware of your choice